25 to 5 to ...
June 14, 2019 - Austell, GA - Gifford Pace - On April 25, 2019 - FSI was awarded the Top 25 Small Business Award 2019 from the Cobb Chamber. This award celebrates the achievements of small businesses that contribute to the vitality of the community. It is as much an honor to receive this award in 2019 as it has been the previous 10 times. Imagine our delight and excitement when the Chamber informed us that we’d made the Top 5 Small Businesses of the Year! With that in mind, thank you to all the team members for their dedication to making FSI the best.
As a finalist, the Small Business of the Year selection committee visited FSI to learn even more about FSI, what sets FSI apart from other businesses, and why FSI should be chosen as THE 2019 Small Business of the Year. The committee wanted to see and hear about the ideals, practices, values and day-to-day operations of FSI pertaining to increase in sales or unit volume, examples of innovation, adversity and challenges, and details of community involvement. We were able to show
- Steady revenue and number of employee growth trend from 2006 to 2019
- Growth of facilities and square footage
- The major brand names working with us and subsequently in Cobb County
- Making of the Inc. 5000 for 7 years in a row
- Overcoming the loss of 60% of business to China and Mexico early in the company’s history
- Introducing custom Information Technologies projects to satisfy unique client needs
- Working in a tight labor market
- Giving back to the community through these ways and many other individual organizations
- Financial – Rotary Club, National Multiple Sclerosis, East Side Elementary
- Time – Must Ministries, Hurricane Michael relieve project in Florida, Toys for Tots
- Discounted Services – Captain Planet, Scratch Foundation, Reach Out Youth Solutions
- Employee Team Building – Mudders, Breast Cancer Awareness Relay, American Red Cross
The overall winner was announced on May 6 at the Small Business of the Year Breakfast at the Cobb Galleria Centre. We congratulate Otter’s Chicken Restaurants for winning. Although we didn’t win the award, this was a great opportunity to truly reflect on not only where FSI has come from, but also where FSI is headed and how to be even better. Again, thank you to the entire FSI Team for all you do to make our client, community, and company look great every day! And special thanks to our wonderful clients, vendors, partners, friends and Cobb County.
The Cobb Chamber is one of the most influential business advocacy organizations in Georgia and one of the top three chambers in the nation, the Cobb Chamber is dedicated to bringing the community and its leaders together to create jobs and strengthen the economy and quality of life so businesses and the community can achieve more.
FSI focuses on helping consumer product companies, from entrepreneurs to Fortune 500 companies, get their client’s products to the individual consumers, retail locations, or team members by specializing in the inventory management, order fulfillment, subscription box management, and kitting for e-Commerce. They can be reached at 678-391-5980 or email email@example.com.